Author Topic: SWAT magazine "Beans and Bullets"  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Chezplex

• Fledgling Prepper
SWAT magazine "Beans and Bullets"
« on: March 29, 2009, 09:13:17 PM »
Just go my May 09 SWAT mag.  In the Enemy at the gate column there is an article entitled "Bullets and Beans".  It suggests more ammo, guns, and food.  Seems as if prepping is going mainstream.  Pretty good article though.  Check it out.

Billy McKay

Re: SWAT magazine "Beans and Bullets"
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 09:22:15 PM »
There was something like that in Shotgun News a while ago too, written by Fortier (king of the gun industry shills, in my opinion). I think it is far more telling how 'mainstream' survival topics have been getting when the liberal media outlets are giving them face time.

Offline Chezplex

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 09:57:28 PM »
Read that one too.  This one is by Stewart Rhodes.  When talking about and recommending people buying extra ammo, he says "Its about damn time."

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 03:23:18 PM »
I haven't read it but I've begun hearing more & more mainstream talk radio hosts saying stock food, ammo & telling folks to learn how to garden & can their own food. 

Preparedness is indeed becoming "mainstream".

bioboy

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 03:38:05 PM »
Anyone remember Y2K don't worry it'll die out and everyone will go back to before  8) just a matter of time let the economy turn around and the sheep will start baaing again. During Y2K prepping went mainstream. It goes in cycles we have a crisis everyone freaks then returns to normal and people go back to wasting money and stuff and buying what the can't afford. All they need is to see no lay offs for a few months and such and it will return to normal 80 (good) 90(bad) 00(Good) and now 2010(bad) so really we are looking at another 10 years of paying for the last decade and it'll go around again and again. Oddly enough the wife and I were talking about how it was coming close to time for a melt down in September of 2008 we were hoping it would extend to 2010 or 2012 but I guess not. Course maybe some people will wake up and realize money isn't really.     

Offline chrisdfw

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 03:47:26 PM »
People do not know I am a "prepper" but do know that I was a competitive shooter. They also know about my economics degree.

So for some people they have been asking about firearms, and others about the economic problems, ordinary people are
asking if they should buy guns, or gold and silver. I steer them toward storing food and supplies, and suggest firearms as
well.

People are asking more questions for different reasons but i think people are scared. They want to do something.