Author Topic: President Barack Obama says the economy is starting to show "glimmers of hope."  (Read 3176 times)

Offline swanson

• Standing In The Gap
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • "Don't let others live in your head rent free."
Does this guy truly believe what his teleprompter is telling him to say or what?

swanson

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama says the economy is starting to show "glimmers of hope."

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D97FN1AO0&show_article=1

Obama commented Friday after meeting with members of his economic team, including Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner (GYT'-nur), economics adviser Larry Summers and Christina Romer, chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers.

(please click link for full article - post was edited by Alpha Mike, in accordance with DMCA rules and regulations)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 04:34:36 PM by Alpha Mike »

KyFarmer

I'm bald as a cue ball - but I think my head was showing a glimmer of hair this morning.  Maybe things are turning around for me too!

Offline Ultio1

• Survivalist Mentor

Offline chris

• Survival Demonstrator
He's riding the sugar high one gets from a really big glass of the govt kool-aid.

Offline OJ

• Survivor
    • Big O Gunleather
When I see the light at the end of this particular tunnel, the first thing I'm gonna do is make DAMN sure I'm not standing on the tracks....

Offline swanson

• Standing In The Gap
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
As Gerald Celente is predicting.

Any 'recovery' based on the stimulus packages is going to be completely a 'false flag recovery'...

swanson

KyFarmer

As Gerald Celente is predicting.

Any 'recovery' based on the stimulus packages is going to be completely a 'false flag recovery'...

swanson
I'm hoping for a nice "idiot bounce" up to about 10,000.

Thoughts?

Offline swanson

• Standing In The Gap
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
Kyfarmer,

Here's my incredibly biased opinion....

The market may just recover that far, but I can only imagine the plummet once this pseudo bubble bursts.

With the IMF playing around the way they are after the G20 meeting and China holding an ax over our head with 1.954 trillion in foreign exchange reserves, our economic scene as a whole is bound to get a serious smack down.

There's not a safe bet anywhere in sight these days.

swanson

Tommy Jefferson

Ahh, but there is.  ;D

Offline swanson

• Standing In The Gap
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
What's the old saying?

I think it's...

"Guns and Butter."

;D

KyFarmer

Kyfarmer,

Here's my incredibly biased opinion....

The market may just recover that far, but I can only imagine the plummet once this pseudo bubble bursts.

With the IMF playing around the way they are after the G20 meeting and China holding an ax over our head with 1.954 trillion in foreign exchange reserves, our economic scene as a whole is bound to get a serious smack down.

swanson
It gets to 10k and I'm getting fully out and buying more dirt.

Offline dudekrtr

• Survivalist Mentor
I'd LOVE to see 10k, since that would mean gold would probably get knocked down to about $600, and I would be heading down to the local gold store!  ;D ;D ;D

jarhead

No "glimmers of hope" here in Massachusetts.  Layoffs are all over the news and higher taxes for all of us here.  Oh wait, I forgot that my governor is Obama's close friend and they have been known to plagiarize each other. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBmGxDOxzeQ

Offline Ultio1

• Survivalist Mentor
Thats good for the nearly ONE MILLION people that got laid of last month..

Offline Stein

• Dedicated Contributor
Ahh, but there is.  ;D

True, but gold is down from $1,000 to $866 and headed south as I type - closing in on the prices last seen in 1980.  "Safe" is a relative term, and volatility must be expected no matter what you are in.

Offline chris

• Survival Demonstrator
Excellent buying opportunity.