Author Topic: Urban Preparedness for Young folks (and hello)  (Read 7904 times)

Offline Heavy G

• Distorting the Space-Time Continuum
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • A misfit ant in a grasshopper world.
    • 299 Days
Re: Urban Preparedness for Young folks (and hello)
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2009, 07:28:16 AM »

Not bad grades, but not the best.

Off topic, but I was the same way.  Everyone kept telling me I had a talent in a certain academic area.  I blew them off because I didn't think poor boys like me could have any talent in "book learning."  Then I started trying this topic.  And liked it.  Turns out I was extremely good at it and the grades in that area skyrocketed.  Then the rest of the topics were tolerable.

Point being: if people around you tell you that you have a talent, listen to them.  They can see things you can't.

Newb Survivalist

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2009, 10:30:36 AM »
i am kind of in the same place as you zombie...no kid on the way though. still in college and the only debt i have is student loans.

Offline TJ

• Prepper
  • I Lead, Never Follow.
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2009, 07:28:15 PM »
Off topic, but I was the same way.  Everyone kept telling me I had a talent in a certain academic area.  I blew them off because I didn't think poor boys like me could have any talent in "book learning."  Then I started trying this topic.  And liked it.  Turns out I was extremely good at it and the grades in that area skyrocketed.  Then the rest of the topics were tolerable.

Point being: if people around you tell you that you have a talent, listen to them.  They can see things you can't.
I'm only bad in world georaphy and english. Science, PE, Business, straight A's. Haha, business is the coolest because teacher is an ex-marine, ha.

Back on subject;

Also thought'd I'd mention that since our school has attack threats(both credible and not) i started carrying a pair of leather gloves, a small flashlight, and a dust mask. Never know what'll happen. And I use them in auto shop class to so it's a dual-use. There arent probably many guys 18-20 in here in schooling but it doesnt hurt to carry some legal things with you. I also have a Gerber artifact with the razorblade removed on a keychain. Could use to pop out windows if you really wanted, while all being legal, and the leather gloves are good if you ever do come across a knife-armed suspect (compared to bare hands).

This isnt too related to the first post, but with "Urban Prep for Young Folks" it does go along, so I thought I'd add it. To bad it aint like the 70's when you'd bring in your buck knife and compare with your teacher, haha. (Dad has a lot of good stories)