Author Topic: AA or AAA Flashlight  (Read 11317 times)

Offline Greekman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: AA or AAA Flashlight
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2014, 10:36:30 AM »
what is S&P?
Also, I have lost you on the specific models/battery types

and where are you getting the figures from?
Check the 3sevens site cos there are improved LED  and not models around.
It would eb helpful for me to giev the exact models/links cos I am about to suggest soem real tricks you can do wiht the Quarks

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 10:43:01 AM by GreekMan »

Offline Badhog

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2014, 04:19:14 PM »
S&P is survival and prep

The figures were from Amazon as an example to help me make choices down the line. As I'm deciding between different flashlights, headlamps, and EDC it usually comes down to brightness or longer run time.

endurance

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2014, 04:41:04 PM »
That's how I went to the cr123 and rcr123. I carry my Sunwayman v10r with an rcr123 in it and have 480 lumens for about 20-30 minutes dimable to about 5 lumens. By carrying a cr123 I have only 190 lumens, but for 1:15 or the lowest setting for something like two or three days at one lumen.

It's always going to be a trade off and to some degree it depends on what you're using the light for. For me, I want a tactical light that has a momentary on option with enough light to be able to tell the difference between a coyote and a deer in my backyard at 85 yards. I also use the same light dimmed to minimum to get dressed in the morning without waking up my wife. In the city, 200-300 lumens seems like plenty. Most urban dwellers don't need a light with that kind of throw.

Now that you have the charger, you could pick up a $10 Deal Extreme 18650 light that puts out 500+ lumens for lighting up the neighborhood if you wanted big lumens (but no momentary switch and a fairly large light for edc).

Offline Greekman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2014, 12:20:21 AM »
I will grab the chance to suggest a good quality version of the Ultrafire C8. (like the convoy C8)This like is so well sold that parts are easier to find than Jeep and VW....
And it can be moded to single mode with a swich like the quark (momentary click).

I will side with endurance on the quark and use. Ergo the tactical model.

And I was about to suggest the same trick with the quark AAs. ALL the quarks, except the 2 CR123 version, share the same head and tail and only to body tube changes.
So if you get the 1AA one you can buy 14500 lithium rechargablesa nd 3Volt lithium non rechargables. These
http://www.batteryjunction.com/titanium-cr14505-craa--3v.html

these are the CR123 equivalent and hold the same energy with them , as well as the Energizers lithium AAs.
But with 3 styles of battery you will get 3 levels of performance
QTA model with Energizer lithium or alkaline
QTL model witht he 14505
increased brightnes with the 14500s
(I do the same thing with my DIY outdoor flashlight keeping different battery styles)

ANd I haven't mentioned battery tube replacement yet...
http://www.foursevens.com/products/accessories/Quark&list=