Author Topic: Emergency Number List  (Read 1965 times)

walker

Emergency Number List
« on: April 24, 2009, 12:54:45 AM »
I put together a list of important numbers that go next to every phone in my house, in the BOB, desk at work, boss at work, trusted neighbors, and given to distant family members.  In the event of an emergency, this local info could be highly valuable to not only my family but provide a way for friends and family members to track us down.  I thought of many scenarios where the information could be valuable to have, and based upon my own threat analysis, created the following information document.  I tried to keep it sized to fit printed on both sides of an 8X12 paper, and had it laminated.  It has been edited for my privacy, but could be used as a template to create your own emergency number list.  Any input on what other info would be good to add is appreciated.

Emergency numbers
Phone: 911 (Emergency)   Poison Emergencies: (800) 222-1222

State of New Mexico
New Mexico State Police: 1 (888) 442-NMSP or  1 (888) 442-6677
Homeland Security: (505) 476-9600

American Red Cross National: 1-866-438-4636
American Red Cross Safe and Well Website: https://disastersafe.redcross.org/
If you have been affected by a disaster, this website provides a way for you to register yourself as “safe and well.”

Federal Emergency Management Agency: 1 (800) 621-FEMA (3362)

MOD EDIT: Obscured addresses of people

« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 11:41:26 PM by Archer »

Offline swivelguy2

• Fledgling Prepper
Re: Emergency Number List
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 07:38:28 AM »
I'd add to that the phone numbers and policy numbers for your auto and homeowners/renter's insurance, and AAA.

Also, I keep on my person a card with basic medical info: allergies, medications, blood type, organ donor, major medical history items. This could come in handy if I get rescued unconscious from something.

walker

Re: Emergency Number List
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 01:32:24 PM »
Thanks Swivelguy2,

I will add those numbers.  I also made some emergency pocket cards for each member of the family.  On these I include the medical info you listed, local contacts, and the location of our neighborhood rally point.

Thanks again for the ideas.