Author Topic: Youtube of a cool Comms Go Bag  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Chemsoldier

• Pot Stirrer
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
Youtube of a cool Comms Go Bag
« on: October 29, 2014, 09:53:30 PM »
Pretty sweet set up this fellow has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YihnXWsN6N8

Offline Alan Georges

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Still trying to reason with hurricane season.
Re: Youtube of a cool Comms Go Bag
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 11:02:27 PM »
Holy cow, lots of great ideas there! 8)   My situation is so different.... but still, so many good ideas:
  • Nifty manuals in lock-sacks.
  • MOLLE modularity, even including tubes for antennas.
  • Internal dog tag.
  • Internal pouches to keep cables neat.
  • But the bag he shows is listed as "Sold Out" on CountyComm.  That's OK, the next size larger will hold my HF rig and it's on sale.
You can tell the guy really thought this one through.  Thanks of posting that one.

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 11:33:56 PM »
Holy cow, lots of great ideas there! 8)   My situation is so different.... but still, so many good ideas:
  • Nifty manuals in lock-sacks.
  • MOLLE modularity, even including tubes for antennas.
  • Internal dog tag.
  • Internal pouches to keep cables neat.
  • But the bag he shows is listed as "Sold Out" on CountyComm.  That's OK, the next size larger will hold my HF rig and it's on sale.
You can tell the guy really thought this one through.  Thanks of posting that one.

The XL EOD bags are HUGE compared to the smaller ones.  They fit on the Front and rear panniers on my Bug Out Bike.

If you do decide you want the smaller version, you can get them from Condor.  Look for the 137 shoulder bag.  They are the exact same design.  The quality is a bit lower, but all-in-all pretty good.  Three things are noticeably different.  1 - the clips on the shoulder strap (Condor is cheaper).  2 - the Zipper (IIRC, the CountyComm is a YKK, the Condor, not) and the Velcro seems denser on the CountyComm version.

However, I have several of the Condor versions (and 4 of the CountyComm) of the smaller bags.  I use a couple of them for ammo  (as in about 30 lbs of ammo) bags at the range and they get knocked about.  With the exception of the snaps that attach the shoulderstrap to the bag, I have had no problems (I caught the plastic snap of one on the corner of a shooting bench and it broke as I was trying to walk between two benches).

The larger CountyComm EOD bags are super tough and at less $25 are a super bargain.

The Professor
(who does NOT have a tactical bag problem)

Offline Alan Georges

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Still trying to reason with hurricane season.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 07:05:47 AM »
Thanks Prof for the alternate supplier.  I'll get the measuring tape out this evening and decide exactly which way to go.

I'd been stuck on the ammo-box-hard-case radio go box concept, but these bags have me re-thinking all that.

Hmmm, one bag for VHF, one bag for HF....    and it all fits under the "get my crap organized in 2015" theme.

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 09:03:01 AM »
Interesting.  $25 for the XL seems like a deal though as I'm just getting my feet wet with CERT and EMComm I'm not sure what gear I will want.

There's lots of rugged terrain in my area and I would choose different antenna and radio combos depending if I was involved with wilderness SAR or just local repeater comms in an emergency.

Offline Greekman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 05:36:04 AM »
USNERDOC has gone a lot further, and now markets his own bags
http://stores.amp-3.net/amp-3-nylon/

PS. I think he is obsessive compluslsive with ziplock baggies. LOL :spit: :spit: :spit:...Do you see how he packs his first Aid kits?