Author Topic: 2nd life for tooth brush  (Read 1962 times)

Offline armymars

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
2nd life for tooth brush
« on: February 11, 2016, 01:27:11 PM »
  Here's A trick I just discovered by accident the day before yesterday. I wanted to clean my tooth brush because I had been sick for a couple of days. I boiled some water and put my tooth brush in it after I removed it from the heat source. It did the trick, but something else happened. The brush was worn out and splayed . When I put it in the hot water the bristles when back to where they were when new. The tooth brush now has a second life. I can't tell difference from a new one when I use it.  Memory Plastic?????

Offline squidd

• Prepper
Re: 2nd life for tooth brush
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 06:12:50 PM »
Interesting, I usually donate them to the gun cleaning box or toss em. New ones are a buck or two.

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 08:18:51 PM »
And I tend to use mine for tattooing livestock or cleaning the grout in the bathroom. Might have to just try it for fun armymars

Cedar

Offline Knecht

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Czech emissary at TSP forum
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 09:31:54 PM »
Interesting, thanks for sharing this experience. Will try....even if I only used them for gun cleaning anyway, it would still be better to clean with straighter bristles.

Offline alan123

• Survivor
  • Prepping just makes sense
    • Made by Alan
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 09:02:59 AM »
I will try this to straighten bristles. I usually soak toothbrush in rubbing alcohol when I have a cold. To hopefully prevent re-infection.