Author Topic: Emergency Essential Issues  (Read 6304 times)

Offline TxMom

• Survivalist Mentor
Emergency Essential Issues
« on: March 14, 2016, 04:58:16 PM »
Anyone else having problems with their orders?  An order we placed first part of January finally came in after several emails, and phone calls.  4 times we were told our order would be shipped the next day, week later still not sent.  Their customer service line has a wait time 30-45 minutes.   When the order came in it did not have the right quantity of one item another item was discontinued which is why it wasn't sent the last time as promised.   Again long wait time, est 40 minutes.  You can leave a message and they may call you back. 

I understand that they are having some issues with their order system which they are working on. But 2 months and everything isn't correct, no explanation or apology, or even an invoice as to what they charged.  Eventually we'll get it sorted out, but this is not worth it.   

Offline fnfalguy

• Survivor
  • Ever learning...
Re: Emergency Essential Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 05:27:16 PM »
I received an order from them last week in a timely manner FWIW.  I have had issues in the past with dented cans but they have always made it right.

Solo mi dos centavos.
I want to live in a world where a Transgender gay couple can use a machine gun to protect their pot plants while paying a 10% flat tax.

Offline Stwood

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 08:01:23 PM »
I've been sticking with Augason Farms products (through Walmart).

Last order I made, I noticed there was more Emergency Essential Products listed on Walmarts website.
Up and coming Prepper (2-1/2 years in)

And yes, I'm a chick.  Though my last boss did say I have balls.  In a good way. (RitaRose 1945) 08/04/2016

Offline ncjeeper

• Most Noble Order of the Garter Snake
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 09:42:08 PM »
They were always on point when I ordered from them, but I haven't placed an order in awhile. I hope this is not their new norm.
The early bird gets the worm.....But the second mouse gets the cheese.

Offline DDJ

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 10:31:29 AM »
You are NOT alone, they used to be on top of things but recently not so much.

My wife has bee pulling here hair out dealing with them recently.  We have a small group of friends that have been taking advantage of the group buy discounts.  She coordinated a ~$500 order combining a bunch of stuff.  She got the shipping notice and a week later there was no package.  She called got the long hold times and clueless support.  They shipped a replacement order, finally, then 2 weeks later the "original order" appeared on our door (boxes damaged, note the plural of box).   She called and left messages then called again finally got an operator that appeared to know what they were doing and arranged a UPS pickup for the next day.  The UPS driver had a pickup slip for 1 box.  She then tried to call back just yesterday got a returned call from someone form last weeks messages and arranged a pickup of the other box.

This will likely  be the last time we even open the mailings.

Offline TxMom

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 10:52:58 AM »
Yes, they have something messed up in their order/shipping process.  We left the please call back message but call has not been returned.  I have other stuff to do with my time. Check the credit card with a small pending payment to them, over $100 less than it should be.  Maybe a different amount later, keeping an eye on credit card statement and waiting for them to call back.  Doing other stuff. 

Offline TxMom

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 01:20:30 PM »
And today I got another shipment, identical to the one a couple days ago.  We only placed one order and we are still waiting for them to call back.

Offline Stwood

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 04:29:09 PM »
Amazon screwed one of ours up somewhat early this year, but to our advantage.
UPS showed up with a trashed pantry box, and we returned it. Looked like a truck ran over it.
So UPS reported it, as well as I did.
They immediately shipped out another order and it was a-ok. 3 days later, another order showed up. It was identical. Lol
I contacted them by email again and they said that is your replacement order, keep it.

And yes, I'm a chick.  Though my last boss did say I have balls.  In a good way. (RitaRose 1945) 08/04/2016

Offline Here Again

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 11:14:09 AM »
TxMom, I tried that....leave a message.  They never called back.  I started leaving them in Jan....no call backs.  I think after almost 3 months we have it all fixed.  But then I thought that at this time last month, too!

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 12:02:04 PM »
I have always had great service from them. I just placed an order a few days ago, I will post here what results.

Mangled and late packages sound like carriers problem, lack of return calls I dont get, as I have never had any trouble calling them when I needed to.....I will let you know what carrier delivers it here to my area of CA

I know off had, UPS is good Service to here, Fed Express is good serivice to here, US mail is good -- On Trak or whtever is not a great organization, and their contractors are always having wierd things happen, Breaking down and needing to use phones and waiting for rescue -- delivering packages late at night. I will now check with companies that they may not use On Trak to bring my packages !
Accomplished tea drinker and baby goat watcher

Offline A Pawn

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 07:12:08 PM »
I too have had very few problems with EE. They always deliver in plain unmarked boxes as I requested. I have placed three orders in the last month and the longest delivery took 10 days and I think it took that long because I placed the order on a Saturday Night....Order arrived on  the second Monday after the order was placed.

Take it easy...  8)

Offline r_w

• Dedicated Contributor
  • On my way
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 08:42:24 PM »
There are several companies that used to be top notch delivery and customer service that are really faltering right now.  I don't know about emergency essentials, but the others are upgrading their computer systems and it is not going well.  Hold times went from a couple minutes to over an hour, orders get lost while the system hiccups or does a patch load.

Painful.

Offline TxMom

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 09:45:48 AM »
After a week they returned call while we weren't home and left a message to call back, call line says wait time is still very long or leave a message and they will call back.

I agree it is something with their software, shipping system.   Not the shippers etc.  At this time we are billed correctly, rest of our stuff came in this week, but we still have that duplicate box of the main shipment. 

We are good, but what to do with the extra box?  At this time our thoughts are to email them asking what they want us to do with it, they didn't bill us for it, they may or may not want it back, and wait for reply. 

Offline Stwood

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 05:59:25 PM »
Yea I'd email them and await their response.

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2016, 09:29:17 AM »
I have always had great service from them. I just placed an order a few days ago, I will post here what results.

Mangled and late packages sound like carriers problem, lack of return calls I dont get, as I have never had any trouble calling them when I needed to.....I will let you know what carrier delivers it here to my area of CA

I know off had, UPS is good Service to here, Fed Express is good serivice to here, US mail is good -- On Trak or whtever is not a great organization, and their contractors are always having wierd things happen, Breaking down and needing to use phones and waiting for rescue -- delivering packages late at night. I will now check with companies that they may not use On Trak to bring my packages !

I canceled the order today.

I have had no trouble getting thru to them by phone. I called them a bit ago, sorry I never noted the day, at least a week ago ? And, the helpful customer service agent said the order had a hold placed on it, he wasnt exactly sure why, maybe they were backordered one thing ? I opined that they should send the rest of my order and not wait, he said he would take care of it. I checked online today, my account showed this order still being on hold, I called again, got customer service, she confirmed it hadnt been sent, and I asked her to cancel the order. Which is too bad, as I was finishing up getting items for my dd GHB ( which was stolen a few months ago, we have the new pack, and a few items, and still needed others...)
Accomplished tea drinker and baby goat watcher

Offline TwoBluesMama

• More Evil Than You Know
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • New Blue in the House
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2016, 10:28:32 AM »
I have had mixed success with EE.  Some orders are prompt and some take months but have always come correctly.  And yeah their phone service sucks and they never call you back.

I know once in frustration I told them I would post all over this forum  how crappy their service was but they didn't seem to care.  I guess they're so big they can afford to be like this.

TaMil hope you get your issues fixed. Blessings TBM
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my GOAT already thinks I am.  ~Author Unknown

America will never be destroyed from outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed GOATS." Abraham  Lincoln

DEV being nice... sorta goes along with GOATS howling, babies bursting into tears, birds suddenly becoming silent, and an ominous greenish lighting spreading across the landscape...

Offline TxMom

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 10:40:19 PM »
Moved extra box of stuff into a storage area (indoors).  Haven't heard back from email.  Guess it will sit there until either they get back with us or when the SFTF so that it is needed, or when it nears expiration date. (mostly powdered milk good for about 20 years). Which will come first?

Offline Stwood

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2016, 07:40:13 AM »
UMMM, hopefully the expiration date.  ;D

Offline ncjeeper

• Most Noble Order of the Garter Snake
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2016, 09:30:09 AM »
I just received their latest catalog. I wouldn't mind getting a few things but your customer service stories are holding me back.
The early bird gets the worm.....But the second mouse gets the cheese.

Offline TxMom

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2016, 08:43:21 PM »
My husband sent in a new smaller order to see how their order process is going yesterday. 

Offline r_w

• Dedicated Contributor
  • On my way
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2016, 09:16:33 PM »
After a week they returned call while we weren't home and left a message to call back, call line says wait time is still very long or leave a message and they will call back.

I agree it is something with their software, shipping system.   Not the shippers etc.  At this time we are billed correctly, rest of our stuff came in this week, but we still have that duplicate box of the main shipment. 

We are good, but what to do with the extra box?  At this time our thoughts are to email them asking what they want us to do with it, they didn't bill us for it, they may or may not want it back, and wait for reply.

I had a duplicate shipment from another company, a LARGE order.  They said to keep it, it was their mistake and they can't legally require us to pay for it.  They said thank you for calling to tell them and implied the software company will paying for it. 

Offline TxMom

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2016, 02:11:53 PM »
Nice surprise that smaller order came in today.  Took about half a week or less.  No issues. 

Maybe their software issues are getting sorted out, biggest issue seems to be when something is backordered or no longer available it seems to get stuck.