Author Topic: Flashlights  (Read 1424 times)

Offline amadeus

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Flashlights
« on: April 06, 2016, 08:29:55 AM »
Maybe this is old news, but I'm a bit of a flashlight freak, and was looking over the selection at WallyWorld. They are now listed with an estimate of how long their light will be useful with the batteries provided. I came to Full Stop at the Rayovac single D -cell flashlight - 50 hours on a cheap heavy duty. Cost $3; two for $5.

Hmmmm.

Took one home and left it on continuously. Full brightness to 50 hours, still fairly usable at 70.

Hmmmm, again.

Popped in a copper top duracell and left on continuously. Full brightness at 70 hours, gave up checking at 120, but it was still usable. Bought several more, gave some as gifts.

Don't get me wrong, these are marginal outdoor lights considering the brightness of beam. They are a bit bulky due to the D cell width, and fairly fragile - nothing I would stick in a pack. But for power outages around the house, they are hard to beat.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
Re: Flashlights
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 04:26:23 PM »
Kind of a 'digital candle' if you ask me...good find. :candle:

nkawtg

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 05:50:00 PM »
BCTruck has a good review of the Trunite tn35 flashlight. Though he says because it's made in China, he can't recommend it.
But take a look at the crazy brightness of the thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZNjs--WGls

Offline Greekman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 06:46:01 AM »
I would say that for a consumer product, the top chinese brands are fine, and have been proven to supply good service, and CRAZY innovation.
(thrunite, Fenix, olight, klarus, jetbeam, zebralight, eagletac, 4sevens, imalent)

Let alone the companies that make battery chargers have kicked EVERYONE's butt (with the exception of Maha that is barely hanging on one hand over the cliff)