Author Topic: May 2, Intermittent Site connection issue  (Read 3140 times)

Offline I.L.W.

• Dedicated Contributor
May 2, Intermittent Site connection issue
« on: May 02, 2016, 06:26:01 AM »
I'm having some issues with the site. Clearly the server is up and running, so it's not a TSP issue. I can access via Tor and several VPNs, but a standard connection doesn't work. First noticed at 7:00AM Est, May 2.  I swapped between 7 different DNS servers, flushed the cache, still can't connect, the name resolves just fine. Traceroute shows everything drops dead when it hits Salt Lake City. Perhaps a massive outage?

As only about half of my Tor Circuits connect, I suspect others may have this issue. Just wanted to make you aware of it. Again, nothing to do with the site or server, nothing in your control, just a disconnect between the servers and some visitors.

Tried a few other sites using AS29854 (the Host designation, looks like a company called "West Host"), also in Utah. All were inaccessible from my location, but can be reached when routed through the west coast. Comcast and several others in the area are having a mass outage (no reports as of yet to the cause). But there's basically an internet blackhole there.  Ironically, the outage status would have been reported by "Comcast Cares" twitter account which has been abandoned for a couple of months, lol. Of course the #fuckcomcast hastag is still going strong ;)

You'll probably get some emails on this. Looks like they're also having trouble in: Seattle, Houston, Chicago, Portland, Denver, San Jose, Oakland, Manteca, Chaska, and Sacramento. If it persists (looks like it might), you may want to contact the host and see what's going on.
A good government may, indeed, redress the grievances of an injured people; but a strong people can alone build up a great nation. - Thomas Francis Meagher

Offline I.L.W.

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: May 2, Intermittent Site connection issue
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 09:16:02 AM »
Issue appears to be resolved in my location now.
A good government may, indeed, redress the grievances of an injured people; but a strong people can alone build up a great nation. - Thomas Francis Meagher

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Reporter for the CNN
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
Re: May 2, Intermittent Site connection issue
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 03:43:59 PM »
thanks. i'll keep an eye out for more issues

From a friend: Benjamin Franklin once said that beer is proof that God loves us.
I'm of the opinion that Redheads are proof that, contrary to popular belief, Satan also loves us.
My small blog: http://journeytogreenerpastures.blogspot.com/