Author Topic: Gamma Seal Lids  (Read 999 times)

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
Gamma Seal Lids
« on: November 13, 2016, 07:10:13 PM »
I have been using these in my panty for a few year, and some are stacked. I have had a couple lids break before, but had concluded that was due to a certain offspring using them to stand on -(dog food bucket...)- so, I replaced.

Now, I just noticed my bottom hard red wheat bucket has a broken lid, I dont know for how long. No one climbed on or did anything to them. But, This is a stack 3 buckets tall, and they are filled with red winter wheat, so they are heavy, and it is the bottom bucket lid that is broken.

Anyone have isue with lids breaking ? Maybe I overstressed by putting 2 buckets on top ? I will also see if I can ge ahold of Gamma Company, I had not seen anything about not stacking them
Accomplished tea drinker and baby goat watcher

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
Re: Gamma Seal Lids
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 05:23:42 AM »
I have stacked but only two high.  The only one I had break was the one the toddlers stood on to "help" in the kitchen.  so I found something else.
"Preparedness, when properly pursued, is a way of life, not a sudden, spectacular program" - Spencer W. Kimball
"Life isn't about trying to survive the storm; but about learning to dance in the rain" - unknown
Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity

Prepping makes even a hurricane just an inconvenience.

Offline Fixit

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Gamma Seal Lids
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 05:55:30 AM »
Under capacity on U-LINE site stacking load is 50lbs.