Author Topic: How to Survive a Holocaust -True Story of Survival  (Read 1251 times)

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
How to Survive a Holocaust -True Story of Survival
« on: March 25, 2018, 10:30:45 AM »
One of my favorite fellow Hoosiers is having her story told in a new film.  In it will be shown the importance of mindset in the most drastic circumstance imaginable.  I have heard Eva's stories firsthand including that of the moment she decided that she and her sister will survive.  Also, her perspective on using forgiveness as a tool to live free after a horrific event is amazing,

The last living holocaust survivers are now in their 80s and 90s.  So it is critical we listen to their stories so their knowledge on how to survive and later thrive is not lost.

A film about Holocaust survivor Eva Mozes Kor will soon have its world premiere in Indianapolis

The story of a Holocaust survivor, who has called Indiana home for decades, will have its world premiere in Indianapolis in a few weeks.

"Everything in the world was done to kill me and here I am alive," said Eva Mozes Kor.

Eva Kor made it through the Nazi horrors at Auschwitz concentration camp.

"Everybody has struggles and everybody should concentrate that ultimately you can triumph and succeed," said Eva.

She and her twin sister Miriam survived the Nazis.

Both were forced to undergo medical experiments and torture at the hands of the so-called Angel of Death, Doctor Joseph Mengele.

In 1993, Miriam passed away.

Eva says she wasn't sure she wanted to do this documentary.

"They are a lot of work and digging into your soul and I didn't want anyone digging into my soul anymore," said Eva.

But she took the journey and it will be used as part of an effort to teach others about the Holocaust.

"It will have long life and lots of educational material to make it an engaging opportunity for communities all around the country and around the world," said Lloyd Wright, WFYI President.

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Re: How to Survive a Holocaust -True Story of Survival
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 11:59:47 AM »
She is an amazing person.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member