Author Topic: Chip Drop  (Read 634 times)

Offline bigbear

• Dedicated Contributor
Chip Drop
« on: March 25, 2019, 09:27:08 AM »
I came across a source for wood chips (other than the local arborist).  Has anyone used it?

https://getchipdrop.com/expectations/ 

Offline bigbear

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: Chip Drop
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 08:54:11 AM »
Got registered for the site and see 5 deliveries made within 50 miles of me.  All in the Baltimore suburban area.  It tracks the wait time for delivery as well (5 days, 20 days, etc.).

Part of the registration is getting a phone call to verify the contact information.  The call was from Portland, so I imagine the business is more developed on the west coast if that's home base for the company.

I haven't used them (yet) because I know a local guy.  But if you're flexible on delivery and don't have arborist contacts, this seems like a solid option (assuming the company has a presence in your area).

Offline dirt

• Fledgling Prepper
Re: Chip Drop
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 10:57:24 AM »
I've been registered with them for over a year and haven't been contacted a single time for a drop.  I get emails from them asking to confirm I am still interested, but haven't seen any chips.  I'm assuming they don't have many/any companies in my area using the service, but who knows?  If anybody in Southern NH has had luck with them, I'd be interested to hear it.