Author Topic: Intervention needed  (Read 565 times)

Offline DDJ

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
Intervention needed
« on: April 29, 2019, 10:30:31 AM »
I think I need help, but you tell me.

We had a family funerial over the weekend.  After the moving service the family and close friends moved over to a facility owned by the funeral home for a meal.  We talked, caught up and ate a good meal.  Not as many people showed up as expected so there were lots of left overs.  I had them put out take home boxes and told everyone to help them selves.  No one took the salad or the green beans.  I grabbed all of both.  Not for me but the chickens and the Dog.  Do I need Help?  I know the dog does what dog eats salad and green beans, but that is a different session.

It did lighten the drive home.

Offline bigbear

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: Intervention needed
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 12:29:54 PM »
I almost went there too!  A few weeks back my in-laws celebrated their 50th anniversary.  It was a buffet style catering.  I almost asked guests to scrape their leftovers into a trash bags.  The only thing that stopped me was the fact that I didn't know 90% of the people and my in-laws live in a prim/proper neighborhood.  If it would have been mostly family, I would have helped them scrape their plate! 

Easter dinner though, though...  We hosted it so I had no issues asking for table scraps!

Sorry for you family's loss.

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 12:52:57 PM »
alwyas good not to waste and to keep stuff out of landfills.   Love that you did it, no intervention needed

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 02:57:58 PM »
Nope. Yer good. If there's a way to reuse something, do it.

Offline Redman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Lost in the 50's
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 05:35:26 PM »
You did good IMO, you paid for it I'm sure so take it if you can. The last party we had that was catered we were told we could take leftovers or they would be donated to a local shelter. Take or donate don't trash.