Author Topic: Prepping for widespread political violence associated with the election  (Read 17769 times)

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
Re: Prepping for widespread political violence associated with the election
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2020, 01:34:08 PM »
I'm not sure it's inevitable yet, but the Democrats are trying their best to make it so.
I would've agree with that until this past week's events. The acquittal, the Democrats loss of their court case, the SOTU address and Pelosi's hysterical antics; but more than anything the liberal media reaction to the Democrat debate Friday night. James Carville, Bill Mahrer, Van Jones, Chris Matthews and others have pretty much given up hope.
Not that it is a good thing, the total loss of any hope of winning the election when they will do anything to prevent his reelection means that they will do anything.

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2020, 05:15:20 PM »
The potential for violence is increasing with the increasing inevitable reelection of Trump.

Well, I agree that the other party acts out more when upset.  I was talking about this when visiting someone out of state a few months ago, lets call him "Hill".  Hill was originally from around here, in my county,  and now lives in a much more conservative county out of state.  He was complaining about how another county resident likes to drive around in his truck with a large trump sign and American flag flying off the back.  He felt this wasnt very inclusive.  I asked him if anyone was ever harrassed, or would be harrased if the had a "Hillary 2016" or similar bumper sticker, etc...  He admitted, no, he wouldnt see anyone doing that.  I then asked, well, if someone had a large Make America Great sign, or large flag off their truck, or even a "Trump 2016" bumper sticker back in this county, what would happen.  And Hill agreed that vandalism, property destruction, public harrassment of the person would result.  SO I made my point of which group is actually inclusive and which one isnt !

Point being, I agree that we have more potential for violence if President Trump wins than the other way around.  It is obvious which group has the larger propensity for low to medium level violence.  (  Of course, if there was ever a real reason that got the other side riled up, gun confiscation, etc... well, then we would see some real violence.  Dont poke the Bear !)

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #122 on: February 09, 2020, 09:32:04 AM »
! Point being, I agree that we have more potential for violence if President Trump wins than the other way around.  It is obvious which group has the larger propensity for low to medium level violence.  (  Of course, if there was ever a real reason that got the other side riled up, gun confiscation, etc... well, then we would see some real violence.  Dont poke the Bear !)

Lots of talk on twitter that republican registration booths are arming up based on this incident:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/driver-in-florida-plows-into-gop-voter-registration-tent-nearly-hitting-6-volunteers-reports.amp
Driver in Florida plows van into GOP voter registration tent, nearly hitting 6 volunteers: reports

Authorities in Florida were searching Saturday night for a driver who they claim drove his van into a Republican Party voter registration tent in a shopping center parking lot, just missing six volunteers working there.
Volunteer Mark Alfieri gave FOX 30 his account of what happened.

“Kind of out of the blue, a man approached us in a van, was waving at us, kind of a friendly demeanor, thought he was coming up to talk to us. Instead he accelerated his vehicle and plowed right into our tent, our tables,”
“After he ran over everything, he backed up, took out a cell phone, kind of recorded the damage, made some obscene gestures at us and then proceeded to leave the complex.”

Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry called the incident "outrageous."

"The hate is toxic and dangerous," the mayor wrote on Twitter. "Thankfully no one was injured but certainly they are shaken after being targeted because they were registering voters."
Florida's two U.S. senators -- Marco Rubio and Rick Scott -- also commented.

"Thanking God that no one was injured in today's politically motivated attack against @DuvalGOP volunteers today," Rubio wrote.

"This appears to be a politically-motivated attack on hard-working volunteers in Duval County," Scott added. "Thankful that no one was hurt. @DuvalGOP will not be silenced or intimidated."

Jacksonville authorities said the driver intentionally tried to strike the tent with his vehicle, the Florida Times-Union reported.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2020, 10:39:55 AM »
FYI.  Looks like they caught the van guy.  Apparently he is a well known ANTIFA, Bernie Bro, and entertainment labor union member (IATSE Local 115) and has history of violence and other criminality.  Police say it is amazing no-one was killed just injured as he barrelled straight towards them.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 11:10:15 AM by iam4liberty »

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #124 on: February 09, 2020, 11:35:54 AM »
 8)

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #125 on: February 09, 2020, 12:33:19 PM »
Great, a left-wing Charlottesville copycat.  Here's local coverage, updated 2 hours ago:

News4JAX: Man accused of driving through Republican voter registration tent arrested

He had a court appearance scheduled for 1PM Eastern time today, so perhaps there will be another update later.

Maybe we can just lock the neo-Nazis and the Antifas in a demolition derby arena together?

EDITED TO ADD:

Not a lot of info here:

First Coast News: What we know about Gregory William Loel Timm, man accused of driving into Jacksonville Republican voter registration tent

Offline Mr. Bill

• Administrator
« Reply #126 on: February 09, 2020, 12:41:08 PM »
Apparently he is a well known ANTIFA

This would not surprise me in the least.  But I haven't been able to find anything online about the antifa connection -- got a link?

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2020, 01:41:55 PM »
So it's started.......

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #128 on: February 09, 2020, 07:15:03 PM »
Well this is interesting.  Some police groups are openly declaring war on democratic politicians for supporting violent, anti-cop groups. See twitter link from one group below.  This could get interesting...

https://twitter.com/SBANYPD/status/1226622830244171781?s=19
Mayor DeBlasio, the members of the NYPD are declaring war on you! We do not respect you, DO NOT visit us in hospitals. You sold the NYPD to the vile creatures, the 1% who hate cops but vote for you. NYPD cops have been assassinated because of you. This isn’t over, Game on!

Background: https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-bronx-police-shooting.amp

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2020, 06:51:34 AM »
Twitter and Reddit are a mess. Lots of claims that the coinflips were unfair (and the videos look bad if they are an accurate depiction). I don't know what went on in Iowa but to believe this was on the straight and narrow feels very wrong.

As silly as it sounds Bernie Sanders may sue Iowa if they certify Buttigeg. I don't know what that would accomplish as the court case would likely be resolved after it would matter to the election.

Add all the former Clinton people who now run the DNC and this has the feel of 2016 all over again. Forget about the Ds and Rs fighting it out in the streets. It's the Ds and the Ds that have the momentum now.

The closer this election gets the further I want to be from it.

Offline Mr. Bill

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: February 10, 2020, 02:39:10 PM »
Tiny bit more about the Jacksonville incident:

AP, 2/10/20: Man who drove van at GOP voter sign-up worked as stage hand

...Gregory Timm, 27, was a stage hand who had been referred work through the local International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, according to the arrest report released Sunday.

Jail booking information said he had lived in Jacksonville for two years.

The heavily redacted arrest report didn't offer a motive for the Saturday incident and didn't reveal Timm's political affiliations. Records from Arizona showed Timm registered to vote in 2011 as a “non-partisan." Florida records showed no voter registration information for him. ...

Offline Mr. Bill

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2020, 01:40:00 PM »
Pew Research Center has survey data regarding Americans' willingness to accept election results:

Question: Generally speaking, how much confidence, if any, do you have in the American people to accept election results regardless of who wins?

|--Total US adults--||--Democrat or D-leaning--||--Republican or R-leaning--|
Great deal of confidence:
11%
12%
11%
Fair amount of confidence:
40%
44%
36%
Not too much confidence:
38%
35%
41%
No confidence at all:
10%
9%
12%
Refused to answer:
1%
1%
0%

Note that the question was "how much confidence do you have in the American people to accept election results?" and not "how likely are you personally to accept election results?".  But this is still a bit ominous.  10% of us have no confidence that the people will accept the results, and another 38% are dubious.

The main focus of this survey was on how these attitudes correlate with how interested we are in political news, and where we get our political news.  That's covered more in this article:

2/12/20: Confidence in public acceptance of election results connects to following political news, relying on social media

...Americans’ confidence in the public’s willingness to accept election results regardless of who wins – a fundamental underpinning of our electoral system – is only modestly tied to party identification. Instead, it appears to have a closer relationship to how intensely U.S. adults engage with political and election news...  The more closely someone follows political news, the more confidence that person has that election results will be accepted. And those differences cross party boundaries. ...

Reliance on social media for political news also appears to be a factor in someone’s confidence in the acceptance of election results. Americans who get most of their political news on social media display less confidence in the public’s acceptance of election results, regardless of the winner, than those who mostly get this news in other ways such as cable TV, news websites or print newspapers. ...

Interactive tool available here: https://www.pewresearch.org/pathways-2020/confvaluesa/

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2020, 03:27:10 PM »
That is a bit ominous.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #133 on: February 12, 2020, 03:43:36 PM »
But how is this any different from 2016?  No one from the winning side will have an issue.  Just the 40ish percent of losing side.  This will just be 10% to 20% of the populace (depending how independents fall).

https://news.gallup.com/poll/197441/accept-trump-legitimate-president.aspx
In U.S., 84% Accept Trump as Legitimate President

Offline Mr. Bill

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2020, 08:03:43 PM »
No one from the winning side will have an issue.  Just the 40ish percent of losing side.

Well, that brings up an interesting question.  How does our forecast of violence change depending on the size of the margin of victory?

If the popular vote results are close to 50:50, there's a clear opportunity for the losing side to claim carefully targeted vote fraud in a few key swing states.

If it's 60:40, I think many people would not be expecting such a huge landslide, and we'll be hearing claims of massive vote fraud, hacking, interference by foreign governments, etc.  That would be a different flavor of "sore-loser-itis".

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2020, 08:24:58 AM »
I don't know how this media created "popular vote" became a thing. I realize it's a push to isolate power in New York and California (ironically media hubs) but it's got nothing to do with American presidential elections.

I will say I hve zero confidence in the system. The voting machines are less secure than a run of the mill ATM. The electoral college is apportioned on census data which counts everyone. Do a quick thought experiment and imagine you live in a city with 999,999 illegal immigrants. Your one vote carries a million electoral college votes. If you think this doesn't have an effect on where we build section 8, prisons, or locate refugees think again. For all the kvetching about a non-existent popular vote from people in "sanctuary cities" they ought to settle down and look at how the numbers are being fudged in their way.

Add to that we have seen repeated debacles. We've had them in MN, Florida in 2000 was a complete breakdown, and the recent Iowa caucus looks like a rigged game unless you believe Mayor Pete can't lose a coin toss because he's just that lucky.

But I don't feel that this lack of confidence actually leads to violence. It's not good but when people like me see all the faults and rigging and gerrymandering I think it produces a "tune out" effect more than a reaction.

There i another side that has some ire for me. The media have squandered any credibility. From reporting Hillary would win by 97% to telling us Biden was the lead horse in the primary to unbelievable antics like having Hillary read emails from a fake resolute desk as though she was president we live in a complete "Dewey Defeats Truman" world of constant lies.

I'm hopeful the lack of faith in the system leads to more people who think like me. I get nervous about people who believe in these things.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #136 on: February 13, 2020, 05:42:21 PM »
Just a normal day.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-hampshire-man-arrested-after-allegedly-assaulting-pro-trump-teen-polling-site.amp
New Hampshire man arrested after allegedly assaulting pro-Trump teen at polling site

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-congressional-candidate-claims-threatened-antifa-1485789
PELOSI'S GOP CHALLENGER SHARES VIDEO OF PROTESTER THREATENING HIM IN SAN FRANCISCO: 'I ACTUALLY WANT YOU DEAD'

https://krcrtv.com/north-coast-news/eureka-local-news/suspect-back-out-on-the-street-after-arrest-for-attempted-arson-at-eureka-gop-office
Suspect back out on the street after arrest for attempted arson at Eureka GOP office

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/what-is-antifa
What is antifa, the far-left group tied to violent protests?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 06:11:12 PM by iam4liberty »

Offline Mr. Bill

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: February 13, 2020, 06:29:23 PM »
I don't usually go for "false flag" stories, but this one seems to have some evidence behind it.  Although it's not directly related to elections or candidates, it's an example of the sort of fakery we've seen in the past (yes, from both sides) and are likely to see in the future.

Quartz, 2/11/20: Disgruntled Civil War reenactor allegedly framed Antifa by fabricating threats against his unit

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2020, 07:31:26 AM »
Another example of what is happening on college campuses: this time University of California Santa Cruz:

https://ussanews.com/News1/2020/02/13/caught-on-video-lefty-thugs-trash-college-republican-display-at-university-of-california-santa-cruz/
Caught on Video: Lefty Thugs Trash College Republican Display at University of California, Santa Cruz

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #139 on: February 14, 2020, 02:26:07 PM »
Caught on Video: Lefty Thugs Trash College Republican Display at University of California, Santa Cruz
Interesting that I did a Google search on "College Republican Display at University of California, Santa Cruz" and the only MSM source on the 1st page is The Washington Examiner, if we can call them main stream.  Then on page 2 is Fox News.

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #140 on: February 14, 2020, 02:46:17 PM »
Interesting that I did a Google search on "College Republican Display at University of California, Santa Cruz" and the only MSM source on the 1st page is The Washington Examiner, if we can call them main stream.  Then on page 2 is Fox News.

There is nothing in the local paper, and no expectations there would be, it is so routine it is not news.  But also, this is happening at the same time there is a HUGE illegal strike happening on UCSC campus, blocking the main entrance, with arrests, so basically the local news is about the huge protest/strike and the tearing down of the banner is just not going to make the news. 

I watched the clip and basically the person who tore down the banner, cursed, spit on the flag, etc.... knows there will be no repercussions.  It is not fair of course, if one of the college republicans had trashed her political booth it would have made the news and been classified as a hate crime.  If they had defended themselves or their booth, ie., not let her thru, the same.  We have made protected classes of people and that never turns out well.

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #141 on: February 14, 2020, 09:19:56 PM »
I watched the clip and basically the person who tore down the banner, cursed, spit on the flag, etc.... knows there will be no repercussions.
Today burning the American flag is freedom of speech, but to display it is hate speech.

Offline LeonardMaine

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2020, 04:07:31 AM »
Honestly, I find this to be an impossible scenario. But for the sake of argument, I would prep like I would for any other crisis situation. Stock up on food, water, and try to provide protection for everyone in my household in case things escalate and become seriously violent.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #143 on: February 15, 2020, 08:55:43 AM »
Honestly, I find this to be an impossible scenario. But for the sake of argument, I would prep like I would for any other crisis situation. Stock up on food, water, and try to provide protection for everyone in my household in case things escalate and become seriously violent.

I agree.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #144 on: February 15, 2020, 05:01:09 PM »
Now they have moved to tacit endorsement.

https://www.pressherald.com/2020/02/06/u-s-senate-candidate-selects-guillotine-as-symbol-of-the-work-we-have-to-do/
U.S. Senate candidate selects guillotine as ‘symbol of the work we have to do’
Bre Kidman said the campaign logo is meant to be a sign of revolution by the lower and middle classes

A U.S. Senate candidate in Maine has selected an unusual logo for campaign T-shirts – the guillotine – citing the need for a revolution to remove big money from politics.

The logo, unveiled this week by Democrat Bre Kidman, recalls the execution device known for its role in the 18th century French Revolution and is intended to symbolize revolt by low- and middle-income people, Kidman said.

“The guillotine is an image which calls to mind what people have done for revolution before,” said Kidman, an attorney who’s running for the seat held by Republican Sen. Susan Collins. “If we can find a better path to revolution than that we owe it to ourselves and our country.”
Kidman, who is non-binary and uses the pronoun “they,” said the logo is something they came up with out of frustration over the large amounts of money in politics.

Offline ChEng

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Chief Engineer
« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2020, 04:25:20 AM »
Kidman, who is non-binary and uses the pronoun “they,” said the logo is something they came up with out of frustration over the large amounts of money in politics.[/i]
Just curious as to how much money is going into his campaign...  ::)

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2020, 07:06:07 AM »
Outside of normal protection, not one dime of taxpayer dollars should go to this.  They are private events and DNC and RNC should arrange for own security just like LNC does.  Especially the case for DNC which has contributed to growth of violent mobs.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/01/15/milwaukee-requests-50-million-federal-security-grant-2020-dnc/4483102002/
Milwaukee requests $50 million federal security grant for 2020 Democratic National Convention

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2020, 07:49:04 AM »
Milwaukee is a real risk. That's the city where officers took off their badges to club hippies. When I was a kid it was common knowledge your elevator ride from jail to the courtroom came with a beating. Milwaukee police (I was born there) have a reputation. They don't care about a 17 year old with a beer. But you disturb the public and it's hammers and tongs.

Also bear in mind Milwaukee isn't a big enough city to hold a convention. It's kind of a sprawling blue collar rebuilding industrial town. The tallest building in Wisconsin is 42 floors. That's not to say you wouldn't have fun with me hitting blues clubs on the East Side or getting food in the 3rd ward; it is a wonderful city (as all are) but it's not a big downtown. It's a city where you can't walk from dinner to the theater.

So I mechanically look at Milwaukee and think people will be hotelling all around the city. There are only so many ins and outs because of the river and being smushed on the lake and anything that goes wrong will be amplified. On a normal day you only have I43 and I45 to go south and north and they are gridlock. I assume the zoo and Mitchell interchanges will be a disaster. Speaking of Mitchell Milwaukee has a very small airport due to proximity to O'hare and it won't handle it well.

The convention has a lot of concerns for me.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #148 on: February 17, 2020, 10:01:05 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/startling-threats-and-violence-against-gop-voters-part-of-a-pattern.amp
Startling threats and violence against GOP voters: Part of a pattern?

Meanwhile, one of Bernie Sanders' own campus organizers wrestles with him for microphone while topless accomplices dowse themselves and the stage with unidentified red liquid.  Ben & Jerry would not approve.   Seriously, given how frail he is, he needs better security vetting.  Secret Service shouldnt have to keep jumping in.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8010713/Topless-animal-rights-protester-confronts-Bernie-Sanders-Nevada-campaign-rally.html
Topless animal rights protesters confront Bernie Sanders at Nevada campaign rally and demand he drop his support for dairy farmers
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 10:20:46 AM by iam4liberty »

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2020, 01:00:43 PM »
Maybe a reprise... Biden and Warren are being handed their walking papers if nothing changes. That's how it's supposed to work. Still it's pretty divided between Bernie's crowd draw and Bloomberg's cash. And neither are the darling of the DNC.

Bernie has a talent for getting wild crowds though. From Black Lives matter stealing his mike to topless women protesting milk to a recent brawl at a rally in Colorado he gets some weirdos out.

To be fair I wouldn't go near a Trump rally either but Bernie has the streak for unpredictable events. The others seem tame by comparison. Bloomberg even cut an ad about Bernie bros harassing people at events and online.