Author Topic: Accepting the wife's mindset re home-defense, and acting  (Read 7932 times)

Offline flagtag

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: Accepting the wife's mindset re home-defense, and acting
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009, 06:08:49 PM »
How about hair spray?  Totally legal!  ;D

Offline eno

• Prepper
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009, 06:31:36 PM »
I worried about her, our stuff, like our P.A. system that was our main means of income and most serious investment

I appreciate what you're saying, and would probably do the same in that situation. However, I don't have much of value in the house, and what there is is hidden. My main source of income right now is in between my ears (working on changing that eventually) - I work in a hi-tech company. :) My kid is out of high school and is here less and less. :( Frankly, if I had more important stuff to secure, or if the neighborhood started to change, or when I move out to the sticks again, I may well change my mind; just not now. Besides, one of my golf clubs is a driver, I think - a massive piece of metal that makes sure cars give me the right-of-way when I'm crossing at the corner; I just carry it extended a bit...  ;)

Goatdog62

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2009, 08:46:20 PM »
GoatDog made a great point when I heard about the wasp spray as defense by an email.  Pepper spray is much better and not considered assault with a deadly weapon like the wasp spray could be.  Will try to find the post for you. Made me think about it again. :-\

True, but in a home defense "I feared for my life" situation, you are likely to be justified using deadly force, so the point is moot. Anything you can get your hands on to "stop" the bad guy is okay then. Walking down the street with wasp spray...well, you're asking for a lawsuit.