Author Topic: Compost for free...  (Read 4988 times)

Garrman

Compost for free...
« on: November 12, 2008, 10:23:01 AM »
I live in Mesquite, TX and my city gives 4 CuYds per month for free and I will go with anyone that wants some if they haul me some. I sold my pickup.
until i use up my limit per month. PM me.
We will talk.
Garry

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
Re: Compost for free...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 10:31:19 AM »
Wow, 4 cubic yards a month??? Damn, wish I had that where I live. I'd love some of that..

Garrman

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 11:53:05 AM »
 :)
well to all I haven't had any takers yet so I am making plans to barrow a pickup from my brother who lives 50 miles away.  But, I will not be able to use all the compost they allow me to get each month.... so i am willing to share what i have to help someone that needs this... just PM me...
Peace and grace and keep prepping......

Offline TimSuggs

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 07:23:25 PM »
More FREE compost ideas:

Most cities/municipalities that offer "leaf pickup" usually take all of their leaf mulch to a remote city lot and dump the leaves there.  Ask, and ye might be rewarded with all the leaf mulch you could possibly ever use, and usually for FREE too.  Find out when they have "equipment" on site and they will usually load you for free too.  Of course a "Coffee Traveler" from Starbucks ($13.00 approx) on a cold day would probably get you enough leaf mulch to break the axle on your truck.

Tim Suggs
Birmingham, AL. USA!

backyardgardener

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 07:31:40 PM »
Also, most "Aggie" universities have animal manure piles - phone the university farm and ask them where the pile is!

Offline TimSuggs

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 07:47:02 PM »
Also, most "Aggie" universities have animal manure piles - phone the university farm and ask them where the pile is!

Great idea Backyardgardener!  +1 fer ya!

Tim Suggs
Birmingham, AL. USA!

Garrman

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 11:58:19 AM »
that is good info for most, I just wanted to let you know that the compost that my city makes is really good and loaded screened well cooked and fertile....
They also give me 8 CU of mulch which is from all the tree limbs they chop up...
Sharing is a good thing and it just takes time....

Offline TimSuggs

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 07:47:12 PM »
that is good info for most, I just wanted to let you know that the compost that my city makes is really good and loaded screened well cooked and fertile....
They also give me 8 CU of mulch which is from all the tree limbs they chop up...
Sharing is a good thing and it just takes time....

By all means my friend!  +1 to ya for the offer to share with "The Family".